Monday, August 22, 2011

I'm becoming one of "those" people.

I thought my stint at staying home was going to last about 12 months. It's now been 15 months and will probably last until Beckett goes to school, so another two years. Two years from today, literally, since today was the first day of school here.

Now that I know what my life is going to look like for the next two years (well, you never *really* know, but a good chance), I am trying to become more organized. Well, actually, my problem is discipline, which bleeds over into my organization, or lack thereof.

Combining my love of spreadsheets with my desire to be more disciplined is leading me to creating a "home management binder." It is essentially what it sounds like - a binder that allows you to better manage your home - schedules, meal plans, shopping lists, phone numbers, important info, etc.

I'm not going so far as to creating a checkbox for brushing my teeth or scheduling every minute, but let me tell you, it's tempting. I've read lots and lots of blogs about this, and while I can't say whether it's the chicken or the egg that came first, the women who use these binder systems are very disciplined. They manage to save time and money, homeschool their kids, make everything from scratch, exercise, keep a spotless-perfectly-organized-home, keep their husbands happy, find time to blog, and live SIMPLER lives. While I'll be happy with (partially) accomplishing two or three things on that list, and have no desire to accomplish others, I am impressed with their discipline and the happiness they derive from their simpler lives. In short, I want to (in a few ways) be like them when I grow up.

I'll be sharing with you my methods and madness over the next few weeks as I embark on my latest obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment