Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Dear Elise, you're 33 months old...

Dear Elise,

There's really no way to start this letter without sharing the big news of our move. You are now a Floridian, and it's really no surprise how well you've adapted! You love our pool, you love the warm weather, and most importantly, you love the fact that I stay home with you. I have to admit, I don't love it quite as much as you, simply because you never, ever nap, meaning I never, ever get a break. But don't worry, kiddo, you not napping is my payback, and I'm certain that karma will pay you back as well.

You've continued to grow leaps and bounds with your vocabulary. And the things you say crack me up on a daily basis. It's amazing to watch your little mind work and try to make the words you have fit the situation you are trying to describe or explain. You don't always get it right, but you certainly are creative. On a fun note, you still call M&Ms "lemmers", and my heart melts when you tell me you love me in Elisenese, "Awt you, Mommy."

At Bonnett Creek

One of the biggest things that's happened these past three months is that you learned to swim underwater. We went to a birthday party, and there was a child who was the same age as you who could swim underwater. You looked at me, told me you wanted to do that, you went under and coughed up water a few times, but within 20 min, you were swimming underwater. That determination to succeed will undoubtedly serve you well in life.

We go to the gym quite frequently, where you go in the childcare. You absolutely love it. You immediately find a baby doll and play with her non-stop. Beckett's not quite as fond of it, and you sweetly try to make him happy when he cries. In fact, you try to be a second mother to him quite often, and I have to remind you that he only has one mom. Speaking of babies, you take a doll with you every. single. place. we. go. You sleep with one, you eat with one, you take them everywhere. You even told me you were going to be a baby doctor when you grew up. That would thrill me, my sweet girl.

20100729-13

And on the baby not yet again, we go to Disney quite often, and you are obsessed, I mean OBSESSED, with "It's a Small World," which you refer to as "The Baby Ride." All those little dolls dressed up in colorful outfits and singing and dancing is like your version of heaven. It makes me happy to be able to make you so happy with something so simple.

20100807-11

As you continue to grow and become less of a toddler and more of a little girl, my heart explodes with pride and joy every day. I'm sure you know by now that I am a total sap, and I mist up nearly daily at all the things you are learning. You are a sweet, beautiful soul, and I only hope that as you grow, your soul continues to shine through as bright as it always has. I love you so much, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment