Friday, February 19, 2010

Dear Beckett, you're 10 months old...

Dear Beckett,

My sweet son – a few days ago, I was composing my letter to you in my head and thinking how it was amazing that you were about to be nine months old and how quickly it had gone. And then BAM! I realized you were about to be TEN months old, and I almost cried. Two months until you turn one. This time last year, I was patting my belly, waddling around, and envisioning life with a cuddly newborn and as a mother of two. Then I blinked and it was a year later. Sniff, sniff…

20100102 (43)


You recently had your 9-month check up (yes, almost a month late) and they said you were 24 lbs, which would indicate that you’ve lost a little. This is not true. I know their scales were wrong, because your thighs have gotten even chunkier, which could definitely not be any cuter. Either way, you are in about the 85% for weight and only 25% for height (28”), but your noggin is keeping up with your weight at 85%. I’m thinking both the scale and the tape measure were wrong, but either way, you are starting to bust out of 12 month clothing. Which reminds me that you are going to be one soon! Sniff, sniff, yet again…

20100102


You’ve had a great month. Let’s see – you officially have seven teeth through (four on the bottom, three on top). You can crawl anywhere especially if it means you can get to a tissue your sister has left on the floor and rip it into a million pieces while you devour them one by one. You recently started crawling up the stairs. And you’ve even taken a few steps. I’m really not ready for you to walk!

I love watching you figure out how to do something. You study and study and study it. And then study it a bit more for good measure. And then you do it. And do it right the first time. Like climbing the stairs. You never really tried to climb them and then BAM, you were almost to the top on your first try. I see that little personality just shining through – not cautious per se, but you will study it and perfect your method until you can get it right on the first try. That’s so completely the opposite of me that I am in awe when I watch you.

20100201Beck9moLREdit-2


You have finally started napping in your crib, which is lovely for your parents’ sanity on the weekends. You continue to go to bed without a fight. Indeed, I think you like the serene calm and darkness of your bedroom, for when it hits 8 pm, you start getting squirmy and cranky, and I know it’s time to lay you down. You stare up at me as I kiss you goodnight, you sigh, and then turn on your side and sweetly go to sleep. After dealing with your sister’s bedtime antics, I can’t tell you how much I love this.

20100201Beck9moLREdit-6 copy


And how much I love you. You have an infectious giggle, a smile that takes over your face, and a sweet personality that charms everyone. Whether you are giggling at your sister or squealing as I tickle you, you make me smile and laugh right along with you. I wish for nothing more than for us to make each other laugh and smile for countless years to come. I love you, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment